Couples who like to keep things interesting often share dreams of getting away from it all. Discovering far-away places together, things unknown, and the enticement of adventure draws even the most well-traveled couples.
– Beautiful coastlines like Amalfi Coast, Italy exude romance. Stunning Mediterranean architecture and luxurious hotels quietly tucked away inspire passionate evenings overlooking breathtaking seascapes and lush gardens to stroll through together hand-in-hand. With exquisite Italian culture exuding enchantment, couples can’t help but feel the love.
– Take an amorous step back in time together walking through Porto, Portugal‘s cobblestone streets, and the gorgeous golden beaches of the Atlantic Ocean. The intriguing culture of this merchant city sustains itself with pride as the area’s most notorious export region. Ancient wine-making practices and tastings are sure to captivate even the most refined of couples.
– Couples seeking a little adventure in their destination can hike Tanzania’s formidable Mount Kilimanjaro, or walk in one of several national parks. Awe-inspiring wildlife encompasses the African plains encouraging curious onlookers to experience fascinating wildlife safari excursions. The beautiful Serengeti National Park promises frequent sitings of zebras, buffalo, elephants, lions, and other iconic four-legged creatures.
– For couples who love fantasy trips that showcase the uncommon and delight in the idea of what a “fairy chimney” actually looks like. Look no further than the cool and unusual landscape of Cappadocia, Turkey. This rocky terrain won’t be the only surprise awaiting visiting couples. Carved, underground dwellings and cave churches show off exquisite mastery of construction and fantastical life among the rocks. The young at heart of any age will love this wide-eyed wondrous locale.
Cool or Toasty Getaways
– For couples who prefer lush and tropical beaches, Tulum, Mexico offers beautiful calming salt-water snorkeling and silky sands of blue-green Caribbean shores. Mayan ruins, local restaurants, bars, and shopping stops are but the tip of the warm-weather iceberg.
– For cooler temperatures, think Whistler, Canada. This scenic skiing gem lies within the majestic Blackcomb mountains offering accommodating skiing levels from beginner to pro. Enjoy a warm conversation in the mid-mountain lodge or the nearby restaurant. Or, peruse local shops with a toasty toddy afterward.